The Venice Area Orchid Society is an affiliate of the American Orchid Society. Our club was founded to foster and preserve orchid growing, to provide a forum for orchid exhibition, and to share the knowledge and experience of growers and hobbyists. Begun in 1962, the VAOS has grown into one of the largest and most active orchid societies in Florida. Our annual Orchid Show & Sale, held the first weekend of February every year, draws 4000 visitors.
Join this active and vital organization:
- Attend a Monthly Meeting at the VCC on the first Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm. Featuring quality guest speakers who often bring plants for sale at our meeting. Check our Google Calendar to confirm the dates and for list of speakers and topics.
- Develop and expand your knowledge of growing extraordinarily beautiful plants by attending our Growers Clinic. Held on the second Thursday of the month at 7:00pm at Venice Community Center. Check our Google Calendar to confirm the dates and for list of topics.
- Learn culture techniques and secrets from area experts and growers who generously share their experiences.
- Receive our Newsletter eleven times a year via email. Special email blasts containing cultural sheets and information on upcoming sales supplement the newsletter.
- Protect your investment. Orchids can be expensive, but you can increase your collection economically by participating in monthly raffles, plant sales and auctions.
- Participate in the Mentor Program whereby a seasoned master grower will mentor a new hobbyist or a member seeking expert advice on their own plants
- Make new friends with delightful and fascinating people who share your passion for orchids.
- Participate in an active club involved in shows, exhibits, tours, trips, parties and fun activities—all featuring orchids.
We are dedicated to encourage, organize, and support educational activities among our members in order to develop and extend knowledge concerning the cultivation and hybridization of orchids and to promote the conservation and protection of native species.
Annual dues are $20 per household. Click here to open and print our membership form. New Members receive by email VAOS Resource Guide. and 6 free raffle tickets when picking up your name badge.
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or just click this link.
Click here for the VAOS Officers List and Volunteers